07 March 2022

Spring has arrived (2)


tjiftjaf (Dutch) Common chiffchaff (English) ©GK
Sony 70-350 telezoom.

My first tjiftjaf this year yesterday 6 Mar 2022 in Bloeidaal nature reserve. For me as a birdwatcher this is the real start of spring. I am always happy to hear his song. This little migratory bird is one of the first species arriving in my country, The Netherlands. Often it freezes a few nights after his arrival. What a welcome is that! It is such a small bird, but it is a tough bird! It is a survivor. He did not sing its famous song, after which it is named, but made a call typical for the species. Previous year I witnessed his song on 25 February! That was really extreme! I was lucky that the sun was shining. It helps a lot for making a nice picture.

 

knobbelzwaan, Mute swan.

the swan was flying above my head

In 3 seconds I could make two pictures

the first was overexposed

the second is shown above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments to posts >30 days old are being moderated.
Safari causes problems, please use Firefox or Chrome for adding comments.